If you are building up the Relationship with someone
- First try to achieve your aims by staying focused. Try to be self reliant.
- When you try to make friendship, discreetly verify his or her background. Else you might regret later.
- Show respect to your friend
- Be honest and frank.
- Always remember that growing friendship means not getting sexually involved.
- Don't mistake raging hormones for love. They are two entirely different things.
- Talk with your parents and well wishers before you begin friendship.
- Out of respect for your parents and yourself, you should always let them know: where you are going, a phone number where you can be reached, who you are going out with and when you will return.
- Make it a point to be home by before night.
- If you run into trouble and you are going to be late, call and let both sets of parents know.
- Avoid risky situations like going to far off places, meeting strangers, getting intoxicated for a change or for â€˜fun' where some things might happen that you will regret for life later.
- Make sure you have an emergency plan in place in case your friend becomes forceful or violent. The "It won't happen to me," plan is not good enough.