- There are a few reputed Detective Agencies that offer pre-marital check for a small fee. This will help to establish the authenticity of the subject person to some extent. It is important you specifically instruct the agent to collect information in respect of the subject person's Family history (family tree). Its important to hire a reputed, police approved private detective.
- It is a must to visit the subject person at his/her home in the company of his/her parents/ relatives not once but at least a number of times. Invite the subject person over to your family home as well.
If the person is NRI
- In such cases it is difficult to find out the actual person. For that proper research should be done. If it is inter religion, find out the type of culture and living standard. Friends and relatives can be good option for enquiring
- It is also important to check the criminal records and health condition. Otherwise later it can affect adversely
- Number of family members and whether the person is staying at own house or rented
- If they say that they are going to build then find out the area of plot. Locality in which they are living is good or not
Snares & Dangers (Based on experience of some ill-fated victims)
- A matrimonial introduction site capable of authenticating the claims of its members does not exist. (Irrespective of its repute, huge membership or international status
- Beware of some members lying about their past life, marital status, age, height, personality, health, social and economic status. Members could be criminals, HIV infected, bankrupt etc
- A very large number of well educated 40 + women, from good family background, who have been mercilessly dumped by their former spouses with young kids are in dire and desperate need of economical and emotional support are in internet matrimonial introduction sites. Unfortunately, most of these women fall victim to a very high percentage of male members lurking in these matrimonial sites merely for sexual gratification, sexual affair or a one night stand. This is because a person over 40, envisaging a second marriage, makes all moves and takes decision in privacy without any counsel of elders. It is therefore imperative to follow the same rules and every advice given for first marriages. Even so, more caution is required for older people entering into second marriages.
- In the cyber world, the subject person will always be in courtship/dating several prospective matches at any given point in time, not only in India but with members overseas as well. Courtship may involve sexual communication by typing on line, web cam and telephone. There is a real danger for these secret courtships to continue and develop even after the subject matter makes a commitment to marry you and such courtships can continue well after your marriage. It is not easy for any one to know what is going on in the dark portals of the cyber world
- There are gangs operating by putting up the profile of a woman gang member to lure a well to do man into marriage merely to gain the legal status of ‘wife' then use the legal status as modus operandi to gain criminal access to property and wealth. Alternatively file false case to extort a huge out of court settlement.
All these factors determine the marriage or choosing from matrimonial site. But what counts the most is the understanding and respect between the two. If this is good and honest then it can make marriage bliss